Poem? Poems are great but that could take a while.
Narrative? Always dangerous with a logophile like me.
List? Lists are always good.
At the risk of sounding braggy, here's a list of things I acquired over the last month and a half:
1. A fake case of strep throat.
2. Mononucleosis. Doing "nothing" might sound fun, but when you are forced to do it for three weeks, it's not. Trust me.
3. A large knowledge base of other people's experiences with mono. TMI, people. TMI.
4. A fiance. He came with a diamond ring. Bonus.
5. A wedding date. (I'm not telling. So don't ask, creepy Asian hooker.)
6. A love/hatred for the TV series The Tudors. So fascinating, and so depressing.
7. A panicky feeling because my Christmas shopping wasn't done before Thanksgiving.
8. A date with my husband and my fiance at the same time. Yeah, try and figure that one out. (hint: Michael Buble may have been in town recently)
9. A thrice-daily phone call with my mother. She is determined to be the most hands-off, well organized, non-opinionated wedding planner ever. We'll see how that goes.
10. A realization that wearing flats on my wedding day would send said mother up the wall. Who knew?
I'm sure there are other things, but I think that covers the highlights. Plus ten seems like a good stopping point. If you go past ten, who knows how long the list could get.
So, consider yourselves updated.