Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lenten Encounters

What's the deal with all advertisers lying during lent?

They all have commercials advertising their "fish" products, and I'm pretty sure their pants are on fire. Majorly.

Take Wendy's, for example. That hot and spicy redhead is lying through her teeth. Her fish sandwich commercial begins, "It's that time of year again. Time for people to rush to Wendy's for their favorite fish sandwich!"

Really?

Who thinks, "Wow. It's February! I have to hurry! I get to go to Wendy's and eat fish!"?

I'll tell you who thinks that: nobody. Nobody thinks that.

Also, nobody thinks that "the best fish can be found at Arby's." NO BODY.

I know you're supposed to be good all year long, but I find lying to make a Lenten profit especially disturbing.


No comments:

Post a Comment